Mother's Milk Spritz
By Georgia Billing, Black Cow Vodka ambassador.
20mL Black Cow milk vodka
10mL Mr Fitzpatrick's Rhubarb and Rosehip cordial
15mL Pink grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed
Champagne or sparkling wine
Shake the first three ingredients with cubed ice, add a little sparkling wine to the shaker- watch out for foam! Swirl to mix, double strain into flute glass. Top-up with sparkling wine and garnish with rosemary and rose petals.
Serve with baked eggs as below for the ultimate Mother's Day breakfast treat!
- - -
Baked eggs with Black Cow Deluxe Cheddar
2 free-range eggs
35g Black Cow cheddar, grated/crumbled
3 ripe cherry tomatoes, diced
1 sprig thyme
1 sprig rosemary
Salt and pepper
Buttery, toasted, farmhouse bread, thickly sliced
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C
2. Grease a mini casserole dish or ramekin with olive oil.
3. Add tomatoes and 20g cheddar.
4. Add a half sprig of thyme and fresh rosemary leaves (save most of the sprigs for garnishes).
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add two eggs, gently mix with the rest of the ingredients while keeping the yolks whole.
7. Top with 10-15g cheddar.
8. Bake for 10-12 mins, until the whites of the eggs are solid, keep the lid on the casserole dish and remove for final 2 mins to brown the cheese.
9. Garnish with thyme and fresh tomato,
10. Serve with the cocktail and farmhouse toast.